How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
We often get asked, “Can I sell my car to a dealership?” Definitely! Most dealers in Indianapolis will offer to buy your current car from you through a buyback program or when you come in to trade in your old one for a new vehicle in their lot. When you do this, you can save money on your next vehicle purchase or you can take the offer without buying another vehicle. Find out how to sell a car at a dealership near Carmel below!
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work: Preparation
Selling your car to a dealership is pretty simple and it goes something like this:
- Clean Up Your Car: Having your car washed, detailed, and replacing small parts like windshield wipers or floor mats is a great way to increase the value of your car before you bring it to the dealership. Remember that first impressions matter!
- Write Down the Benefits Of Your Car: Having a detailed history of the maintenance record of your vehicle, a list of its additional features, and a list of its accessories like extra key fobs or bike mounts will increase the value of your vehicle and make it more appealing to dealerships. This is also good to have since you will be in charge of telling the dealer why your car is a great buy and why it is worth the amount of money you’re looking to get.
- Have Your Car’s Title on Hand: Having your vehicle’s title ready when you sell it will save time on the dealer’s end and get you your offer faster near Westfield.
- Research Your Car’s Value: Use tools from Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, or your local dealership to find the trade-in value of your car in Fishers. You can use this number to negotiate your price or get an approximate value for what the dealer is willing to buy your car for.
- Pick Your Dealership Wisely: If you have a newer, gently used vehicle, then most dealerships will buy it regardless of their inventory or the car’s initial condition. However, if you have an older model car, then you may find it’s easier to sell it at a used car dealership instead.
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work: At the Dealership
Once you’ve got everything in order, it’s time to head to the dealership after making an appointment. Here’s what to expect:
- Work with the Used Car Manager: Most dealerships will direct you to a Used Car Manager or a salesperson to handle the sale. They’ll collect your information and then run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: In some cases, the Used Car Manager will inspect your vehicle while in other cases, they’ll have it taken to their service center for an inspection of its quality and mechanical condition.
- Consider the Offer: Based on what the dealership offers you, you can accept the offer or go to another dealership to see if you can get a better offer.
Can You Sell Your Car to Penske Honda? Yes!
Penske Honda would love to buy your vehicle whether you want one of ours or not! Get started today by reaching out for more information. We will be able to help take your current car off your hands as soon as possible.
More from Penske Honda
If you’re ready to upgrade to a new crossover SUV for your Carmel and Fishers commutes, then you owe it to yourself to check out the new 2023 Honda Pilot interior. As the 2023 Honda Pilot release date draws near, it’s time to preview the improved design, comfort, and versatility you’ll benefit from at…
For the 2023 model year, the Honda CR-V has gotten a complete makeover, becoming an even more ideal SUV for Carmel drivers. Returning with a redesign, this lineup also comes in 4 available CR-V trim packages, including hybrid and AWD models. The 2023 Honda CR-V EX FWD CVT starts at $31,110 MSRP*, an affordable price…
Searching for a vehicle that is cozier than a sedan but not too oversized? Then, the Honda HR-V is the right SUV for all of your commutes around the Carmel area. Not only will you enjoy more space inside this SUV, but you will also enjoy a whole list of the latest features to take…